As we embark on 2024, the landscape of B2B marketing continues to evolve at an unprecedented pace, particularly in the realm of digital content. Video, which was once just a component of the broader marketing mix, has now surged to the forefront, becoming a pivotal element in engaging and converting professional audiences. The rapid advancement of technology and shifting viewer preferences have made it imperative for B2B marketers to adopt more innovative and effective video content strategies.
- Dominance of Video Traffic: In 2023, online video accounted for a staggering 82.5% of all web traffic, indicating a clear trend towards video-dominant content consumption online
- Widespread Use in Business: 86% of businesses are now utilising video as a key marketing tool, highlighting its centrality in modern marketing strategies.
- Impact on Revenue Growth: B2B marketers who incorporate video grow their revenue 49% faster than those who do not, showcasing the direct impact of video marketing on business growth.
- Enhancement of Lead Generation and Brand Awareness: Businesses employing video marketing in their B2B campaigns have seen a 66% increase in qualified leads and a 54% increase in brand awareness, underlining the effectiveness of video in reaching and engaging target audiences.
- Influence on B2B Buyers: A significant 70% of B2B buyers and researchers watch videos throughout their path to purchase, signifying the influential role of video content in the decision-making process.
This data underscores the escalating importance of video content in the B2B marketing realm. The surge in video consumption and its proven impact on business growth and customer engagement make it an indispensable tool in the marketer's arsenal. Integrating video into marketing strategies is no longer just an option but a necessity for businesses aiming to stay competitive and relevant in the rapidly changing digital landscape.
This article delves into five groundbreaking strategies that promise to redefine the way B2B businesses leverage video content. From enhancing customer interaction to integrating sophisticated technological solutions, we will explore how each of these strategies can be employed to captivate, engage, and convert your target audience.
Strategy 1: Utilising AI-Based Advertising Platforms like Google Performance Max
AI-based advertising platforms, such as Google Performance Max, are revolutionising the way B2B companies approach video content marketing. These platforms leverage machine learning and AI algorithms to optimise ad placement, targeting, and performance, ensuring that your video content reaches the most relevant and engaged audiences.
- Advanced Targeting Capabilities: AI algorithms analyse vast amounts of data to identify and target potential customers who are most likely to engage with your content.
- Optimised Ad Performance: These platforms continuously learn and adapt, improving the efficiency and effectiveness of your ad campaigns over time.
- Cross-Channel Reach: Google Performance Max, for instance, enables businesses to deliver video content across multiple Google platforms, including YouTube, Display Network, and more, maximising reach and visibility.
- Integrate with Your Marketing Data: Feed your customer data into the AI platform to enhance targeting precision.
- Leverage Automated Insights: Use the platform’s insights and analytics to refine your video content and marketing strategies.
- Monitor and Adjust Campaigns: Regularly review the performance and make necessary adjustments to optimise the results.
There are several other AI-based advertising platforms similar to Google Performance Max that offer advanced capabilities for optimising ad campaigns, including video marketing. Here's a summary of some noteworthy platforms:
1. Adobe Advertising Cloud: This omnichannel advertising platform automates the management and delivery of brand and performance campaigns across various formats including display, video, native, search, and TV. It offers a unified dashboard for dynamic and personalised creatives across multiple channels.
2. Albert: An ad management platform combining AI and Robotic Process Automation (RPA) to manage paid digital campaigns across channels like Google Ads, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Gmail. It can autonomously plan, test, optimise, and execute ads.
3. GumGum: Specialising in computer vision and natural language processing, GumGum strategically places ads in videos and images across the web to increase engagement and brand recall.
4. IBM Watson Advertising: Utilises IBM Watson's AI capabilities for insights that boost advertising results through better segmentation and hyper-personalisation. It offers predictive models for optimal creative combinations and audience discovery.
5. Quantcast: Known for real-time audience measurement, Quantcast's AI-driven platform helps in targeting potential customers on web and mobile destinations. It combines predictive models and machine learning for data-centric decision-making.
6. Pathmatics: A digital marketing intelligence platform providing insights into ad performance across various formats. It helps brands and agencies understand the ad strategies of competitors and optimise their own marketing budgets.
7. Amazon Ad Server: This platform aids in understanding customer data to create more relevant ad campaigns. It analyses data points to predict optimal times, messages, and environments for campaign performance.
8. WordStream: A suite of cloud-based AI tools for managing campaigns across platforms like Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook Ads. It offers functionalities for PPC and paid social management, including geotargeting and dynamic keyword implementation.
These platforms provide a range of AI-driven capabilities that can significantly enhance the effectiveness of video content marketing campaigns, especially in a B2B context.
This strategy leverages the power of AI to enhance the reach and effectiveness of your B2B video content marketing efforts, offering a sophisticated, data-driven approach to reaching your target audience.
Strategy 2: Utilising B2B Video Content Marketing in Email Campaigns
Incorporating video into email campaigns is a strategy that has seen significant success in recent years. By embedding videos directly into emails or using video thumbnails linked to your content, you can transform a standard email into an engaging, dynamic experience.
- Video content in emails has been shown to increase open rates and click-through rates dramatically. It adds a visual element that captures attention and encourages recipients to engage with the content.
- It also allows for more effective communication. Videos can convey complex messages more efficiently and engagingly than text alone.
Statistics and Case Studies:
- According to a study by HubSpot, including the word 'video' in an email subject line boosts open rates by 19% and click-through rates by 65%.
- A case study by MarketingSherpa showed that a B2B company integrating video into their email campaigns reported a 200% increase in click-through rates.
- Keep your videos short and to the point. The goal is to pique interest and encourage further action, such as visiting your website or signing up for a webinar.
- Use an enticing thumbnail. The video thumbnail should be visually appealing and relevant to the email content.
- Test different formats. Experiment with embedding videos directly into the email versus using a linked thumbnail to see which works better for your audience.
Strategy 3: Video SEO Optimisation
In the digital era, simply creating great video content isn't enough; your content needs to be easily discoverable. Video SEO Optimisation is about making your videos more visible and rank higher on search engines and video platforms like YouTube.
- By optimising your video content for search engines, you increase the likelihood of it being found by your target audience, leading to higher traffic and engagement.
- Including transcripts and captions not only improves SEO but also makes your content accessible to a broader audience, including those who are hearing impaired or prefer reading over watching.
- Conduct keyword research specific to video content and include these keywords in your video titles, descriptions, and tags.
- Create engaging, descriptive titles and descriptions for your videos. This helps both search engines and viewers understand what your video is about.
- Add transcripts and closed captions to your videos. This not only aids in accessibility but also provides additional text for search engines to index.
Strategy 4: Storytelling Through Documentary-Style Videos
Documentary-style videos offer a unique way to tell your brand's story, showcase your company's journey, highlight customer success stories, or illustrate the impact of your products/services. This format lends authenticity and depth to your content, making it more relatable and engaging for a B2B audience. The video above is one we made for Dartington Crystal and it does an excellent job of selling glassware through the passion of one of it's long standing employees. As humans we love stories and story with a human touch is such a great way to get your point across without seeming too pushy/salesy.
- Documentary-style videos help humanise your brand, allowing viewers to connect with your story on a personal level.
- They are an excellent tool for building trust and credibility, as they often feature real people, real stories, and genuine emotions.
- Focus on storytelling. The power of documentary-style videos lies in their ability to tell a compelling story. Ensure your video has a clear narrative, relatable characters, and a meaningful message.
- Invest in quality production. Good storytelling should be complemented by high-quality video production, including clear audio, good lighting, and professional editing.
- Promote authenticity. Use real employees, customers, or partners rather than actors to deliver a more authentic and credible message.
Here at Goya Productions we pride ourselves on pulling stories out of every nook and cranny. We love a branded doc as there a lot of fun to make, there a great way to get know a client and most importantly, they delivers results.
Strategy 5: Live Video Content
Live video content such as webinars, Q&A sessions, and live product launches offers an unmatched level of real-time engagement. This format adds an element of authenticity and urgency to your content, encouraging immediate action and interaction.
- Live videos create a sense of event and exclusivity, drawing in viewers who don’t want to miss out on real-time interactions.
- They provide an opportunity for immediate feedback and interaction, allowing you to engage directly with your audience, answer questions, and address concerns on the spot.
- Promote your live events in advance through email marketing, social media, and other channels to ensure a good turnout.
- Engage with your audience during the event. Encourage questions, conduct polls, and respond to comments to keep the audience involved.
- Record the live session and repurpose it. You can use the recording as a piece of evergreen content on your website or social media channels.
The realm of B2B video content marketing is continually evolving, and staying ahead of the curve requires not just creativity and innovation but also a deep understanding of your audience's needs and preferences. By implementing these five strategies, you can enhance your video content's impact, reach a wider audience, and achieve your marketing goals in 2024 and beyond.
With the ever growing demand for video content, you'd be silly not to give it a go. You don't need huge budgets to make a start, but if quality is important to your brand, hiring in a video production company might be the way to go. If your in the UK, especially in Devon or the wider South West, don't hesitate to get in touch with Goya Productions Ltd.